AN E-BOOK BY NEAL MACK MD
INTRODUCTION AND TABLE OF CONTENTS
Twenty-two chapters to follow on WordPress.com
Do you REALLY believe you evolved from a bacteria in a mud puddle? Do you REALLY accept that the tens of millions of species of plants and animals on our beautiful planet just accidentally appeared or developed themselves from nothing? If you do, please read this book. You will find many SCIENTIFIC reasons to question what you have been taught about the supposedly solid foundations of evolution. You may find that much of what you believe is founded in dogma, not scientific fact, and you will hopefully find your mind enlightened with a new view of science, and history, and especially evolution.
There exists an intricate, but little-discussed alliance between secular atheism and the teaching of evolution in our educational system. This is fostered by a false view of science and it’s limits and abilities. Evolution is discussed, taught, pushed, and essentially propagandized, while concurrently teaching our youth that science has all the answers (Scientism), and that science “knows” that the universe is 13 billion years old. Students are taught that life created itself from nothing and evolved, and by the time they finish college most believe that the Bible and all teachings about God and His creation are fairy tales. Nothing could be further from the truth.
This book is an essential and critical addition to the debate on Evolution and Cosmology (the study of the origin of the universe). It is essential because we must not lose another generation of youth to the false secular atheistic teachings of the public schools without providing a coherent, substantive, scientific answer to the questions of human origins. My only regret is that it was not written sooner.
I am a practicing Emergency Physician, and I have had an interest in the creation-evolution debate since I was in high school and early college. Last year I created a blog which can be accessed at Debunking-evolution.com or Evolutioncreation.net. This book is a compilation of scientific, philosophical and scriptural post from that site, a summary of scientific findings related to the debate on evolution vs creation.
This book is a critical read for pastors, educators, and students because there now exists an abundance of scientific evidence that disproves evolution.
In addition, there is beginning to accumulate an amount of scientific evidence sufficient to cast a great deal of doubt on the secular scientists’ proposals for Deep Time and the Big Bang. All of this is abundantly supported by and compatible with scripture. But why is this important? Who really cares exactly how old the earth is, or the universe is? It turns out it is critically important, because as I will explain in later chapters, if our youth understand the scientific failures of evolutionism and scientism, they will be far less likely to fall for the lies of atheism. (See Chapter 20.)
Science, when properly taught and understood, is not in conflict with Scripture. As I wrote last year; “Real science, unpretentious and unassuming is this, to investigate the wonders of Creation with all the powers of our God-given intellectual capacity, and to maintain truth and objectivity at all costs.” ANM
I believe this book should become a standard for the evaluation of all future educational materials in the sciences, starting with Christian Colleges, Schools, and Academies, and then in the curriculum of every educational system in the US.
Table of Contents
1. BIG GOD, small god: Why Cosmology Matters. Our view of the world, our selves, our relationships, and even our families changes drastically when science tells us there is no God. But what does science really tell us?
2. Real Science There is no conflict between science and the Bible. There are just incomplete understandings of both. “Real science, unpretentious and unassuming is this, to investigate the wonders of Creation with all the powers of our God-given intellectual capacity, and to maintain truth and objectivity at all costs.” ANM
3. Evolutionism, Scientism, and the Demise of Atheism. The scientific underpinnings of evolution have been progressively weakened to the point that belief in evolution is now held completely on the basis of faith, not science.
4. Hoaxed. Evolution will someday be shown to be the greatest hoax in the history of science. Is it, as the title of Jonathan Sarfati’s book suggests, “The Greatest Hoax on Earth?”
5. The Day Evolution Died. Evolution began as a theory. Secular atheist educators have now for decades pushed it as “settled science”. But the science has come full circle, and evolution is no longer even a plausible theory. Tragically in the meantime, it has become such a firmly implanted dogma that few in the educational system dare oppose it.
6. The Cambrian Explosion. Let’s discuss the absurdity of the teachings of modern science. Secular atheists believe in evolution, and at the same time teach that during the so-called Cambrian Explosion, all life appeared suddenly on the earth.
7. The Data in the Strata. Do Fossils support evolution? Absolutely NOT. Are they compatible with a great flood? Perhaps much more than you know. Find out here.
8. Natural Selection: The Machine that Built Itself, The human body has been called the most complex and intricate machine in the universe. Do evolutionary scientists really have proof that we created ourselves through evolution?
9. Micro-Evolution. The Machine that Built Itself. Evolutionary theory all comes down to chemical changes in DNA, RNA, and Proteins. Is evolution practically, or even theoretically possible at this level?
10. A knife in the Back. Secular scientists who study evolution are like policemen who don’t believe in murder. What do they do when they find a dead body in the park with a knife in his back?
11. The Created Chimp Genome. In the 1990’s we were constantly told how closely we were related to the Chimps. Now that the real data is out, evolutionists are strangely quiet. What does it really show?
12. Sex: Evolutionary Accident or God’s Gift? It turns out that worldview does make a difference. In fact, it makes an enormous difference whether our children are raised believing they are a gift from God or believing they are the result of an accident of cosmology.
13. Science vs Reason. Yes, you read that correctly. The title of this chapter is NOT faith vs reason. It is science vs reason. Perhaps there should never have been any conflict… but enter human nature.
14. Antithetical, Lemmings, and Unethicalists. What is the difference between responsible scientific inquiry and scientism? Read this chapter and find out.
15. Five Things Everyone Should Know about Scientism. Scientism is quite possibly the most important new word every Christian should add to their vocabulary!
16. The Failure of Uniformitarianism. Secular scientists say they search out history by applying dependable uniformitarian assumptions. Do they really? How dependable are these assumptions, and do they apply them all the time, or just when it is convenient and supportive of their own presuppositions?
17. Nothing can’t Do Something. Where did the universe come from? Is the Big Bang really scientific? You may be surprised at the answer.
18. The Absurd Cosmology of the Big Bang. Is the Big Bang actually scientific? Has it been proven? Are “holes” in the theory bigger than the theory itself… or perhaps bigger than the entire universe?
19. To Teach, To Educate, or to Tell the Truth? A challenge to educators who have for too long just “gone along with the flow”. If we are to redeem the lives of our youth from the hopelessness and meaninglessness of atheism, and provide meaning for their lives, it must start with teaching Truth.
20. Millennials: A generation lost in Deep Time. What you believe about the origin of the universe affects what you believe about the Bible. And what you believe about the Bible affects what you believe about yourself!
21. Branch or Vine? Evolution and Scripture. Is modern science contaminated by the secular atheistic worldview? Is is possible that science could progress even more rapidly and honestly with a scriptural worldview?
22. A Hope and a Future. We can still save a generation of youth. Truth Matters. Science Matters. The Bible Matters. And YOU Matter!
Authors note: For those who have followed my blog over the past year, thank you. I hope you will enjoy this concisely edited compilation of some of the facts and science surrounding the modern day fable called evolution. And I hope you will share this with your own fathers, and children, and friends.
I plan to release a chapter a day for the next 22 days. Happy reading.
PLEASE TELL YOUR PASTORS, TEACHERS, FAMILY AND FRIENDS