Chapter 5 of Evolution, the Big Bang, and Other Fables, by A N Mack MD
Evolution is dead. Every attempt over the last century to find actual scientific proof has ended in failure. (Not that the academics will readily admit this, but please keep reading while in the next few paragraphs I summarize some of the evidence.) Nevertheless, like a zombie in an apocalypse movie belief in evolution refuses to go away. Its rotten corpse continues to stink in the halls of academic sciences, and no amount of formaldehyde can prevent the stench.
Proponents of evolution would have you believe, in spite of evidence to the contrary, that we have proof from the geologic record that shows a gradual increase in the complexity of life. This is a lie. (See chapter 7 The Data in the Strata.)
They would have you believe that we have proof from the lab that life can “create itself” from a lightning strike and a soup of pre-life chemicals. This is also a lie. This has never occurred, in spite of over a century of attempts by scientists who are desperate to prove evolution. (See chapter 9 Micro-evolution.)
They would have you believe that “we see evolution all around us.” But they knowingly substitute examples of natural selection and pass it off as evolution. This is obfuscation at best, if not a blatant lie. (See chapter 8 on Natural Selection)
Evolution (by definition) requires increasing complexity of the genetic code. Evolution as an explanation for life on earth as we know it would have required trillions upon trillions upon trillions of increases in the complexity of the genetic code. Yet as of this writing there is not one proven example of any mutation at any time, in any living thing, that has increased or added to the complexity of the DNA. Not One!
In fact, after over a hundred years of lab scientists radiating the rapidly reproducing fruit fly hoping to demonstrate evolution, all we have is normal, dead, or deformed fruit flies. And after studying hundreds of thousands of generations of bacteria, not one evolutionary scientist anywhere in the world has shown the addition of new genomic material. Yet evolutionists would have you believe that the many thousands of evolutionary changes from “Neanderthal Man” to the current day occurred in just 40,000 years (less than 2000 generations)!
Such a position is scientifically untenable. Yet secular atheist instructors and speakers continue to push the lie that “evolution is an established fact.”
- Scientist’s make claims based on conjecture for which they have no sound evidence, such as calling the Big Bang a proven historical event, or claiming there is scientific proof of evolution.
- Public policymakers use pseudo-scientific claims to support their social agendas, as occurs with those promoting drastic social change in the name or “global warming” or “climate change”.
- Self-promotion or personal gain takes priority over exacting evidence, as with Stephen Hawking or Richard Dawkins.
- A culture of braggadocio rather than humility occurs in the scientific community, which we see in virtually all aspects of scientific inquiry today.
- A culture of intimidation occurs, where any competing events or ideologies are shut out of our institutions of higher learning by shouting down, rioting, or even physically attacking those with differing ideologies.
- Free speech and free inquiry are replaced by political correctness, and students demand safe spaces so they are not forced to try to defend their indefensible beliefs.
Even Wikipedia admits that Biologists “used to believe” that evolution was progressive. The first fatal blow to progressive evolution was in the fossils themselves (See the Data in the Strata). The claim of progressive evolution received another fatal blow from genomics. Modern genomics (which should have easily proven progressive evolution) has instead shown that the supposed evolutionary Tree of Life is not real. It exists only on paper, or in outdated, unscientific textbooks written by pro-evolution secularists. Secular scientists have rearranged and changed the tree of life. They have cut and pasted it to no avail. The Tree of Life is dead. Belief in evolution should have died with it. So if you were educated under the teachings of atheists, and were taught that the universe created itself out of nothing, and life is some giant cosmic accident, today you have a choice. You can continue to accept the ungodly propaganda of the atheists, or today can be the day you accept the fact that there is no scientific support for evolution. For you, TODAY can be the day that evolution died.
Just to summarize a few important points regarding evolution… Perhaps an instructor told you “Evolution has been scientifically proven” or “Evolution was the mechanism by which life appeared and grew on Earth”. They may have even told you if you ever doubted evolution, you must be a religious fanatic, science denier, or a hopelessly ignorant person. But here are 9 SCIENTIFIC problems with evolution. Just 9 are listed here, but there are thousands more..
- The fossil record does not support Evolution. For proof see chapter 7 on “The Data in the Strata” and also see “Intelligent Design has Scientific Merit in Paleontology” (www.discovery.org/a/7271). As written by Casey Luskin, “ID predicts irreducibly complexity. Because irreducibly complex structures require all of their parts to function, they cannot arise in a gradual, step-by-step manner. If many characteristics of life are irreducibly complex, then ID leads us to expect that the fossil record will exhibit a pattern of abrupt appearance of novel, fully functional body plans that do not develop in a gradual, step-by-step fashion. This is precisely what we typically find in the fossil record.” (1) So in point of fact, the fossil record actually supports CREATION.
- Molecular biology has completely failed to demonstrate Darwin’s “Tree of Life”. See the chapter “Branch or Vine?”. That diagram you have seen in dozens of textbooks, some sort of “tree” or branched diagram allegedly illustrating the “interconnectedness of all species”… It doesn’t exist in nature. Nowhere in the real world have scientists found evidence that the species actually evolved, or are evolving, one from another. And the study of genomics has virtually destroyed any possibility that such a tree could exist by showing patterns of genetic changes completely inconsistent with any known evolutionary paths.
- The geological strata do not support gradual evolution. Archaeologists have almost universally agreed that life seemed to appear suddenly, more or less all at once, not gradually as predicted by evolution. (They will tell you it was millions of years in the past… but this also is unproven.) For example Wikipedia states, “In 2017, fossilized microorganisms, or microfossils, were announced to have been discovered in hydrothermal vent precipitates in the Nuvvuagittuq Belt of Quebec, Canada that may be as old as 4.28 billion years old, the oldest record of life on Earth, suggesting “an almost instantaneous emergence of life“.(2) Note “almost instantaneous,” and try to imagine how they can still claim evolution while saying that life appeared all at once.
- The Fossil record does not support gradual evolution. There are no proven transitional fossils. (There should be countless billions of transitional fossils if evolution were true.) As stated in Wikipedia, “More than 99% of all species of life forms, amounting to over five billion species, that ever lived on Earth are estimated to be extinct. Some estimates on the number of Earth’s current species of life forms range from 10 million to 14 million, of which about 1.2 million have been documented and over 86 percent have not yet been described.”(2) Yet of all these millions of living and extinct species, none have been proven to be transitional!
- There is no evidence of current evolution. The rate of evolution required to transition from apes to man would have required extremely frequent changes (several positive mutations every year) in order to evolve in just a few million years. Yet in hundreds of years, no one has ever seen any current signs of evolution! Not ONE!
- Evolution cannot explain the origin of life. The law of abiogenesis states life cannot create itself. (3) This law has never been disproven. Evolution could never have occurred because life could never have begun.
- Even the most primitive forms of self-replicating life are incomprehensibly complex. The idea of a “primordial chemical soup” which is transformed into a living cell so completely unscientific it is laughable. (4) A single living cell is more complicated in its chemical and electrical engineering processes, as well as its manufacturing processes than the most advanced, largest cities on earth!
- No “primordial soup” could have existed in the first place because the proteins would have of necessity had to be all isomers (not a random mix) and they would have been degraded by natural processes a thousand times more quickly than they could have ever formed. (5) Those “experiments” from a hundred years ago which supposedly showed that the building blocks of proteins could have appeared accidentally when lightning hit ancient ponds were fundamentally flawed in dozens of ways.
- Evolution (and its best friend Old Earth Cosmology) has no explanation for why the earth or the universe is so perfectly fine-tuned for life to occur. Things like gravity, radiation, rate of expansion, tides, temperatures, and many more universal constants are so finely tuned that even minor alterations would make life as we know it absolutely impossible. (6)
Psalm 14:1 “The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.”
I can offer various theories as to why a belief in such an obviously unsupportable theory persist, but I suppose, like belief in vampires and zombies, some people will believe anything. In the long view, evolution will be shown to be just a PC, faddish belief without an iota of factual scientific evidence.