Evolutionists and atheistic scientists have an ethics problems.
First, and simplest, it has been pointed out many times by many authors that if we humans are indeed the product of molecules to man evolution, then there is no substantive or foundational reason that we should be ethical. If we are merely the product of a billion generations of survival of the fittest, then our only ethical and moral imperative is to survive at all costs. We may steal, rape, kill, abuse, and destroy, as long as it makes ourselves or our offspring more likely to survive. That is the real true state of ethics for evolutionists.
Second, if atheists are correct and we are all here as the result of some cosmic accident, then there is no moral authority to our choices and decisions. One moral choice is just as good as another. Each person can argue for their own moral choices in the public square, but in reality, not one can claim to be “truth” and not one can be claimed to be false. If there is no first cause (God) for all things, or if the first cause of all things is an accident, a fluke, a meaningless big bang, then all subsequent choices are equally meaningless as well.
However (and even more importantly) I believe that atheists also have a very real and present ethical problem with today’s cosmology, because they have become such proponents for their latest viewpoints that they tell our youth that they “know” the universe is 14 billion years old. They say they “know” evolution is true. The National Academy of Sciences states evolution is a fact. (1) Stephen Gould and others insist it is an established incontrovertible fact. (2) Many modern Zoologists will tell anyone willing to listen that evolution is a firmly established fact.
Yet tens of thousands of scientists and educated persons see things differently. The fossils that some use to “prove” evolution are just as easily used to prove creation. The geological strata that some scientist say are “proof” of evolution, are seen by some other scientists as being far better evidence for a cataclysmic flood as described in Genesis. So when you hear an atheist or evolutionist professing loudly and dramatically that we “know” the earth is 4.5 billion years old and “evolution is a proven fact”, it begins to appear that they are more interested in propaganda than in science. They prefer talking points to honesty.
In fact, if we are open and honest, the unbiased discussion of scientific exploration of the universe that began under notable Christians such as Galileo, Newton, and Keppler, has been hijacked and side-tracked by modern atheists. The six principles of scientific study have been violated on numerous fronts by atheists who place their distaste God above their scientific integrity. Why, because they have stated a priori, that they disavow any possibility of a Creator. But what about their version of “creation”?
Lets examine the Big Bang in light of the Six Principles of Scientific Thinking.
- Have important alternatives for the finding been excluded? No one has, (or at least in this life) is ever capable of excluding the possibility that God Created the universe.
- Can we be sure that A causes B? No honest scientist is SURE that the big bang occurred, or when or how or why it might have occurred. In their own writings we can find much evidence to support this. So we cannot be sure that the Big Bang caused the formation of the universe.
- Falsifiability. Can the theory be disproved? Since the Theory of the big bang is purely hypothetical, and was not seen, and cannot be proven or measured, it is also true that it cannot be disproved.
- Can the principle be replicated in other studies. Of course not. No one can replicate the Big Bang. If it occurred (and I will later illustrate why this was impossible) it occurred once only. Never again to be “recreated” by humankind.
- Is the evidence as strong as the claim? The Big Bang Proponents claim that nothing existed (not even the concept of existence, or time or matter) and then there was some sort of a quantum fluctuation in the nothing, and “bang” everything appeared. Nonsense. Nothing plus nothing or multiplied by nothing equals nothing.
- Occams razor. Does a simpler explanation fit the data just as well. Yes. God created the heavens and the earth. Simple.
So on all six principles of scientific study, it can be argued that the Big Bang fails! It turns out you have to accept either viewpoint on FAITH. And at least to my relatively unbiased interpretation of the facts, it takes a lot more FAITH to believe the atheist story, than the Bible story. And yet the atheists persist in their propaganda campaign to brainwash an entire generation of youth.
Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
(1) Is Evolution a Theory or a Fact? US National Academy of Sciences 2018
(See also blogs on “Differing with Dawkins” and “Bang… and Nothing”)