When people say “Scientists believe… or Science teaches…” the statement that follows is likely to be erroneous, or at least a gross oversimplification. All scientists cannot be lumped together any more than all preachers or teachers or truck drivers can be lumped together. It is virtually impossible to get even the scientists within a specific branch of inquiry to agree on their research conclusions. So it should come as no surprise that scientist in different branches of science may disagree as well.
So when an atheist says they “know” that evolution is a fact, or they “know” that the universe is 14 billion years old, that atheist is speaking for himself or herself. When they say scientists agree that evolution occurred, they are at best uninformed, or at worst deliberately lying. There are hundreds of thousands of very intelligent, scientifically trained individuals who would disagree.
When we put our faith and trust in science, we should be aware of a few facts. Science is quite good at telling us how high, or how far, or how big, or small or hot an object might be. Science can develop wonderful ways of evaluating this marvelous world, and seeing into the vast reaches of the universe. But “Science” also brought us the Titanic, the Hindenburg, methamphetamine, LSD, and the Atomic bomb.
Some people say they “trust science” and so they believe in evolution and abortion and global warming. Does that mean they also trust science and want to take meth while enjoying a ride on the Hindenburg? No, probably not. But each statement is equally illogical. You see, science makes many claims. Some are easily verifiable and others are not. Take the science of pharmacology. The belief in “better living through chemistry” has been both a blessing and a curse. Pharmacology has both saved millions of lives with medicines like insulin and antibiotics, and destroyed millions of lives with opiates, LSD, and addictive benzodiazepines.
So when it comes to the age of the universe or the origin of life, it is reasonable to question “scientists” who claim they have an intimate knowledge of such things. Especially when they change their minds at least every 50 years when new findings require a whole new theory. It is far more likely that they are spouting a popular opinion than offering a proven or time-tested Truth. Behind closed doors, most scientists frankly admit they don’t really know much about the origin of the universe or how life originated. “This matter is far from being settled by astrophysicists and cosmologists, so stay tuned. There could be radical new developments in the future.” (From the site Stringtheory.com. Article entitled “How old is the universe”.
Consider that fact that scientists and astronomers (the same ones who say they know exactly how old the universe is) quite literally cannot find or measure 90% of the universe. Yes, we can observe, see, or measure less than 10% of the mass of the universe. The scientists have no idea what comprises the other 90%, but according to their calculations “it must be there”. According to author Vera Rubin in Scientific American, “As much as 90 percent of the matter in the universe is invisible. Detecting this dark matter will help astronomers better comprehend the universe’s destiny.”
So here is the latest, as the astrophysicists continue their guessing games. “Overall, dark energy is thought to contribute 73 percent of all the mass and energy in the universe. Another 23 percent is dark matter, which leaves only 4 percent of the universe composed of regular matter, such as stars, planets and people.” SPACE.com Senior Writer Clara Moskowitz. So like I said, over 90% of the universe is missing. The very scientists who claim they KNOW there is no God, cannot find over 90% of His creation. I don’t know about you, but I think I will wait for the other 90% of the facts to arrive before I make any conclusions.
Nehemiah 9:6 “You alone are the LORD You have made the heavens, The heaven of heavens with all their host, The earth and all that is on it, The seas and all that is in them You give life to all of them And the heavenly host bows down before You.